R.J. Julia fully supports local and independent authors and takes pride in their success. For 25 years we have presented high-caliber author events and currently host more than 300 events each year. We understand the challenges of producing effective events and since our space is in such demand, we host multi-author events for our local authors to ensure strong attendance and increased outreach.
If you would like to be considered for one of our Local and Independent Author events, please complete the attached request form and provide the following information:
- A short summary of the book, along with the publisher name, ISBN, retail price, and date of publication. Please include a review copy of your book with a self-addressed, postage-prepaid envelope so that we can return the book. If no envelope is provided, we will not return the copy of the book.
- Any information regarding your marketing and publicity plans and any events you have already had (including attendance and sales figures).
- A realistic estimate of how many people you expect will attend your event, and if you have a local following that you believe will attend the event.
Your request should be marked “Local Author Event Request” and dropped off at our information desk or mailed to us at 768 Boston Post Road, Madison, CT 06443.
You will receive a reply within 90 days from the date we receive your request.
A Local and Independent Author event may include up to but no more than six (6) authors.
We will provide the following in support of your event:
- Press release sent to all local TV, print, and radio media. If any media is interested in an interview, we will help to coordinate that interview.
- E-mail calendar notices to over 13,000 customers.
- In-store advertising.
- On-line advertising on our website and Facebook page.
- Staffing and venue for your event.
Local and Independent Author Event Guidelines and Regulations:
- The author will provide R.J. Julia with a completed Local and Independent Author event request form. See request form below.
- R.J. Julia requires payment of a $50.00 co-operative and event hosting fee submitted when the event is confirmed.
- The author will provide books at a 30% discount to R.J. Julia Booksellers.
- R.J. Julia Booksellers will handle all book sales during the event.
- The author must take all remaining unsold books with them; no copies will be left with RJJ for inventory.
- The author is responsible for completing the necessary invoice form (provided by RJJ the day of the event) in order to receive payment for any books sold during the event.
- R.J. Julia will consider all event requests but cannot accommodate everyone.
Thank you for your cooperation!
The Events Team at R.J. Julia Booksellers
Files: RJ Julia Local Author Events Request form.pdf