Your firefighter family is unique, but you're not alone.
Among the unexpected overtime calls, the washing machine full of fire T-shirts, and constantly answering "Will daddy be home tomorrow?...you need a little extra grace, a big sense of humor, and a special type of support in order to thrive.
Honor & Commitment: Standard Life Operating Guidelines for Firefighters and Their Families brings you a fresh look at the fire life, along with practical guidance and resources you can use right away to live a life of inspiration and courage, rooted in strong family ties.
In this book, you'll find:
- Real-life stories from firefighter families, that only someone like you can relate to.
- Time-tested, realistic advice on everything from managing family schedules to what to do at home after a difficult call.
- Discussion questions to open up communication with your first family or your firefighter family.
- Support during the times when your marriage feels challenged by the fire life, and the encouragement and straightforward guidance you need to keep your connection strong.
- Carefully-chosen resources for everyone in the family.
Written by Lori Mercer, firefighter wife and founder of 24-7 COMMITMENT, this book is drawn from her work with thousands of firefighter families--and her own days and nights in the trenches of family life.
Whether you're new to the firefighter life or you've been living it for years, Lori shares what it takes to bring honor and commitment not only to firefighting--but also to marriage, family, and every other area of life.