Stephen Spignesi, "Stephen King, American Master: A Creepy Corpus of Facts About Stephen King & His Work"
A fun and informative compendium for Stephen King fans—interviews, essays, and loads of facts and details about all of his work.
Fascinating facts, trivia, and little-known details about the Master of the Macabre’s life and work, plus interviews, essays, and insights for King fans, from the casual to the fanatical!
Did you know…?
- In his early teens, Stephen King sold typed copies of his short stories at school.
- King originally thought his novel Pet Sematary was too frightening to publish.
- King’s legendary Dark Tower series took him more than 30 years to write.
- Thinner was the novel that revealed his “Richard Bachman” pseudonym to the world.
- King wrote The Eyes of the Dragon for his daughter Naomi.
- He has never liked Stanley Kubrick’s film version of his novel The Shining.
- It took him four years to write what some consider his magnum opus, IT.
- The 2017 film version of IT has grossed more than $700 million worldwide.
- In addition to novels, King has written essays, plays, screenplays, and even poetry.
Stephen Spignesi is a world authority on Stephen King, The Beatles, the U.S. Presidents, the Titanic, and other historical and pop culture subjects. His first novel Dialogues was hailed as a “reinvention of the psychological thriller.”
Please register for this FREE event here.
If you're unable to attend the event and would like a signed copy of Stephen King, American Master, please purchase the "Signed" version below.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:00pm
RJ Julia Booksellers
768 Boston Post Road
Madison, CT 06443
Availability: Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Published: Permuted Press - October 30th, 2018