Please Note, Our Local Author Programming
is Temporarily Suspended.
RJ Julia Booksellers fully supports local and independent authors
and takes pride in their success.
If you would like to be considered for one of our Local and Independent Author events, please complete a request form and provide the following information: REQUEST FORM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
- Please include a review copy of your book with a self-addressed, postage-prepaid envelope so that we can return the book. If no envelope is provided, we will not return the copy of the book.
- A short summary of the book, along with the publisher name, ISBN, retail price, and date of publication.
- Any information regarding your marketing and publicity plans and any events you have already had (including attendance and sales figures).
- A realistic estimate of how many people you expect will attend your event and if you have a local following that you believe will attend the event.
Your request should be marked “Local Author Event Request” and mailed to us at 768 Boston Post Road, Madison, CT 06443.
You will receive a reply within 90 days from the date we receive your request.
A Local and Independent Author event may include up to but no more than six (6) authors.
We will provide the following in support of your event:
- Press release sent to all local TV, print, and radio media. If any media is interested in an interview, we will help to coordinate that interview.
- Email calendar notices to over 13,000 customers.
- In-store advertising.
- On-line advertising on our website and Facebook page.
- Staffing and venue for your event.
Local and Independent Author Event Guidelines and Regulations:
- The author will provide RJ Julia with a completed Local and Independent Author event request form. REQUEST FORM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
- RJ Julia requires payment of a $50.00 co-operative and event hosting fee submitted when the event is confirmed.
- The author will provide books at a 30% discount to RJ Julia Booksellers.
- RJ Julia Booksellers will handle all book sales during the event.
- The author must take all remaining unsold books with them; no copies will be left with RJJ for inventory.
- The author is responsible for completing the necessary invoice form (provided by RJJ the day of the event) in order to receive payment for any books sold during the event.
- RJ Julia will consider all event requests but cannot accommodate everyone.
Thank you for your cooperation!
The Events Team at RJ Julia Booksellers